Mirabilia — European Network of Unesco Sites project was born in 2012 on the initiative of the Chamber of Commerce of Matera, still today Leader of the project, and now in its 6th edition.In order to develop the planned actions, the Partner Chambers of Commerce sign a convention each year, which, in addition to defining the actions, regulates the financial aspects and the composition of the Common Fund. depending on the variable contribution that each partner Chamber of Commerce ensures for the implementation of the joint actions of the project.The project takes its name from Mirabilia Urbis Romae, the practical guides written by travellers who in ancient times led pilgrims to the eternal city telling them stories of peoples, people and places met along the way.
The project aims to promote to Italian and international tourism, through the partner Chambers of Commerce, an integrated tourist offer UNESCO sites “less known and rdquo;, which makes visible and usable the connection between touristic, culturally and artistically territories united by the UNESCO recognition with the aim of increasing the activity promotional and recognizability to the general public.Mirabilia intends to propose “another Italy”, which pushes to be known abroad: an Italy of excellence, flavors, landscapes unique, individual tiles of a single puzzle that could push the entrepreneur or foreign tourist to overcome the classic destinations.What Mirabilia offers in addition is knowing how to network the lesser-known sites, bringing together three formidable tows such as culture, the natural beauty and food, creating conditions for supply and demand to meet.
Italian tourism is experiencing one of the most fortunate season.The appointment for the thirteen Chambers of Commerce that join the Mirabilia network this year is in Verona from 23 to 24 October 2017.
The bet remains the same since 2012, Mirabilia zero year: to bring the attention of the millions of tourists who travel through Italy every year in search of the classic destinations of the “ Grand tour” to new destinations, less known but no less interesting or attractive.Twelve wonders, recognized as such or being recognized by UNESCO, are worth the trip, capable of leaving the traveller with their mouths as was the case in the ancient times, when pilgrims traveling to the eternal city let themselves be led by the “Mirabilia Urbis Romae”.
- BARI — The Trulli of Alberobello Castel del Monte
- CASERTA — The Palace, the Park, San Leucio and the Vanvitellian aqueduct
- GENOVA — The New Streets and the system of the Rolli Palaces
- MATERA — The Sassi and the Park of the Rock Churches of Matera
- MESSINA — Aeolian Islands: Lipari, Salina, Vulcano, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi and Panarea
- MOLISE — Biosphere Reserve Collemeluccio Montedimezzo
- PAVIA — The Via Francigena
- PERUGIA — Assisi, the Basilica of St.Francis and other Franciscan sites; I Lombards in Italy.Places of power
- POWER — The Pollino Geopark
- RAGUSA — The Late Baroque cities of Val di Noto
- RIVIERE OF LIGURIA — Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the islands Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto
- UDINE — The archaeological area of Aquileia and the Patriarchal Basilica; the Friulian Dolomites; the Lombards in Italy.Places of power.Venetian defense work between the 15th and 17th centuries (Palmanova)
- VERONA — The City of Verona Venetian defense work between the 15th and 17th centuries (Peschiera del Garda)
International Cultural Tourism Fellowship
The Mirabilia project includes several promotional moments and an annual international event in Italy, during which the National and international business meetings between the supply of destinations and the demand of major international tourist buyers: theInternational Cultural Tourism Exchange.After the appointments of the International Stock Exchange in Lericiin 2012, in Materain 2013, in Perugiain 2014, in Lipariin 2015 and Udine in 2016, this year the Stock Exchange will take place inVerona .
- V EDITION Udine2016 —The Udine event, organized by NoveCamere members, registered 120 participating companies, 40 buyers with over 2,000 b2b meetings, side events focusing on Japan, Business Networks and strengthening the European network with international agreements between Foreign Chambers of Commerce and particular French.
- IV EDITION Lipari2015 —The event in Lipari, organized by twelve participating chambers, registered 120 participating companies, 60 buyers with over 2,000 b2b meetings, a B2B Oil, two side events on Business Networks and Mediterranean Diet and international agreements between foreign Chambers of Commerce.
- III EDITION Perugia2014 —The third International Exchange of Cultural Tourism, organized in Perugia by ten participating chambers has registered 55 foreign buyers from around 19 countries from all over the world (Europe, America, Asia, Australia), 110 Italian operators, coming from the 10 provinces participating in the initiative as well as 10 journalists of the national and international press.
- II EDITION Matera2013 —The Matera event, organized by nine participating chambers, registered 109 participating companies, 73 buyers with over 2,000 b2b meetings, 5 educational tours and international agreements between Foreign Chambers of Commerce.
- I EDITION Lerici 2012 —The first Stock Exchange, organized by the 5 founding chambers, gave for the first time the opportunity to operators in the sector to to discuss, and together present innovative tourist routes through the realization of workshops, thematic seminars and training moments.